River Valley Players will be plunging under the sea with The SpongeBob Musical: Youth Edition to be presented July 21, 22, and 23, under the direction of Robert Eckert and Christine Gaspardo.
The energy level is high during rehearsals featuring area youth ages 5 through 15 as they dive into the music and choreography. Many are stretching their comfort zones, with a few of them singing and acting for the very first time. The euphoria of this young cast is high, as they are seeing the show come to life.
The musical is based on the television series by Stephen Hellenberg, a book by Kyle J Jarrow, and musical production conceived by Tina Landau; about the citizens of Bikini Bottom who discover a volcano will soon erupt and destroy their home. SpongeBob and his friends must come together to save the undersea world.
Tickets are $20 and available to the public Wednesday, June 21 by calling our box office at 309 - 238 - 7878 or online at rvphenry.org.
The SpongeBob Musical: Youth Edition
SpongeBob: Emma Kay Gaspardo
Patrick Star: Taylor Rowe
Sandy Cheeks: Isabelle Knuckey
Squidward J. Tentacles: Bobby Gaspardo
Eugene Krabs: Anna Marie Rinaldo
Pearl Krabs: Bella Hall
Sheldon Plankton: Hayden Meachum
Karen Plankton: Lexi Rowe
Perch Perkins: Chloe Ritter
Mayor of Bikini Bottom: Audrey Chambers
French Narrator: Aubrey Lentz
Larry the Lobster: Jordyn Rowe
Old Lady Jenkins: Trinity Frawley
Electric Skate #1/BFF Letter: Icie Rasmussen
Electric Skate #2/BFF Letter: Raleigh Eakins
Electric Skate #3/BFF Letter: Keira Zack
Sardine #1/Girl Trio: Leah Chambers
Sardine #2/Girl Trio: Layla Koll
Sardine #3/Girl Trio: Laylah Carlton-Boyer
Gary: Stella Rowe
Mrs. Puff: Ryen Pettett
Townfish #1: Olivia Remmel
Townfish #3: Tess Winkler
Cowgirl Fish: Amelia Boyer
Krabby Patty Fish: Miya Pahr
Stage Manager/Town Fish #2: Leaf Rackley
Ensemble: Adelyn Anderson, Darla Anderson, Caitlynn Bell, Ellie Briggs, Caroline Brown, Mason Bruch, Allie Buck, Lynz Dalrymple, Bella Dietsch, Caoimhe Dietsch, Halsey Fallon, Annie Hall, Kalysta Hicks, Avery Holocker, Ella Johnson, Logan Lentz, Ani Lucas, Beau Mogler, Gloria Mogler, Phoenix Rackley, Levi Remmel, Blake Rowe, Charlotte Rys, Oliver Rys
River Valley players is grateful for the support of the Sun Foundation and Illinois Arts Council for partially funding our summer youth arts programs.
At auditions, each participant will be taught a vocal
excerpt from the show along with a short dance. After this portion of the audition, they will have the opportunity to read the script for the acting portion of the audition.
Please wear comfortable shoes and clothes, no flip-flops.
Please note the rehearsals will be mornings and afternoons until July 14, after that, they will be evening rehearsals.
If you have any questions or are needing to schedule
an alternative audition date please contact
Robert Eckert 309 253 9295 or
Christine Gaspardo 309 397 8772
River Valley Players Youth Theatre is partially funded by The Sun Foundation and The Illinois Arts Council.
Plunge into this stunning, all-dancing, dynamic stage show! When the citizens of Bikini Bottom discover that a volcano will soon erupt and destroy their humble home, SpongeBob and his friends must come together to save the fate of their undersea world. With lives hanging in the balance and all hope lost, the most unexpected hero rises up. “The power of optimism really can save the world!!”
· Eugene Krabs (portrays male): The greedy owner of Krusty Krab and employer of SpongeBob and Squidward. While everyone is off panicking about Bikini Bottom’s imminent doom, he decides to strike while the iron is hot, exploiting the fear of his fellow fish to make him even richer.
· Patrick Star (portrays male: Well-intentioned but lacking common sense skills. A big softy who can be prone to sudden childlike fits of frustration.
· Sandy Cheeks (portrays female: A brainy and athletic Texan squirrel who came to Bikini Bottom for a research project. She acts as SpongeBob’s most trusted ally on their quest to stop the volcano from erupting, using her vast amount of scientific knowledge and brilliant inventions to aid the mission.
· Sheldon J. Plankton (portrays male): His personality outweighs his size. Slick, scheming, has the ability to charm, will do anything to get ahead in life, very greedy, but his heart is always open to rekindle a romance with his wife (needs to dance and rap skills a plus).
· SpongeBob Squarepants (any gender /portrays male): This actor should have the ability to move well and be an extremely physical actor. Must be naturally funny and have great comedic skills. Strong pop-type singer.
· Squidword Q. Tentacles (any gender/portrays male): Grumpy, cynical, dry, generally negative, but lovable. This character must be a strong, tap dancer and comedic timing skills are necessary.
· Pearl Krabs, Mr. Krabs bratty teenage daughter: This character should have the gospel, vocal overtones.
· Karen, the computer (portrays female): Glamorous, a robotic wife of Plankton. She’s been there for Plankton’s every scheme and plot and has become jaded – she’s been there and done that. Strong comedic actor as well, singer, and mover.
Other featured roles:
· Perch Perkins, The Mayor of Bikini Bottom, Sardines, Old Man Jenkins, Mrs. Puff,
Larry the Lobster & Electric Skates
And an impressive, diverse, multi-talented ensemble of pirates, sardines, tap-dancing squids, hip-hop dancers, lobsters, skateboarders, and more.